We bring you the HIGHEST QUALITY brands…
and here’s how!
What is a CBD oil
You surely might have seen many products that contain CBD oil in your area of living – they are sold by various stores, fuel stations, and, certainly, online. It is possible to find foods and drinks with the addition of CBD, as well as food additives looking like a powder, oil, isolate, capsules, tablets, tinctures, ointments, topicals, vapes, and liquids.
But what is CBD oil exactly?
The CBD oil is the oil, which is extracted from stems and flowers of Cannabis Sativa L. plant, which is known to contain around 20%-40% of CBD in the named parts of plant and nearly does not contain THC (0.3% of the mass or under it, which is a needed condition to meet legality demands). THC is known as the main chemical component of marijuana, which causes the effect of stoning. CBD does not give such an effect but has many positive effects on the body. That’s why it was started to be used in medicine and treatment of such states of a body as fear, anxiety, pain, insomnia, seizures, and some symptoms of diabetes and even cancer.
CBD is one of over than 100 chemical substances that are contained in the hemp plant. It may also derive from cannabis plants of other species – but, according to current legislation, they must not contain over 0.3% of THC to be legal. Also, farmers who grow it know that the content of useful CBD oil largely varies depending on the species, from 15% to 40%, which makes cultivation of a number of species less profitable or inexpedient.
Is CBD oil legal?
While THC is mostly illegal in all parts of the world, as it gives an effect of ‘getting high’, which sometimes causes adverse effects for the body (especially when combined with alcohol, some drugs, and foods), CBD oil is legal in all states of the US if it contains up to 0.3% of THC, not more. The legality was assured in December 2018 by the FDA and the Senate. In many countries of the world, its legal status varies. Today, it is decriminalized, legal or legal with remarks in over than 40 countries of the world (and nearly in the same number of countries, THC is also legal or tolerated). Out of over 200 territories, thus, it is accepted (with or without conditions) in only 20%. However, if you are a resident of the US, then you should not worry about its legality anymore (given that your product does not contain over 0.3% of THC – then the DEA will not come for you).
Despite the fact that it is currently illegal to add CBD into foods and beverages that are consumed by humans in the US, nearly every CBD oil manufacturer adds it there. Thus, we assume, it is unenforced in the US despite the prohibition (whether because of the absence of a political will or financing).
Top 5 benefits and uses of CBD oil
CBD oil is often promoted to treat various states and ailments of the human body and we are considering below some of them.
It is used for various types of pains, including stomach, belly, back, headache, arthritis and arthrosis pains, in bones and soft tissues, chronic and regular ones. The fact that CBD oil affects varying pains is explained because CBD prevents absorbing of anandamide – a chemical compound, which is responsible for ‘telling’ the body about the level of pain in its cells. Making it stay in the blood or other liquids of the body in an untied and ‘unread’ state by interacting with our neurotransmitters, CBD oil actually lowers any type of pain – direct one, associated with some ailment, or the one, which is caused by inflammation processes in the body. It can also affect the pain after surgical incisions during the time of recovery. As for the arthritis pain, some studies have shown that a combination of THC and CBD is especially effective, as these two increase the level of one another. Based on this, a medication named Sativex was released and it is currently approved in a number of countries (it is effective for rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, and muscle spasms).
Epilepsy and seizures
One of the studies shown the reduction of seizures by approximately 37% in 214 studied people (they were given 0.9-2.3 grams of CBD oil per pound of the bodyweight). In a rare Dravet syndrome found in children, which most severe manifestation is seizures, all or completely all of them were cured thanks to the intake of CBD oil or CBD plus THC in controlled doses. In all cases of study, the results were significantly different from the control group or placebo.
Depression & anxiety
Different types of ailments that are attributed to depression & anxiety are found in 1 of 4 people in the world, according to data of the World Health Organization. Depression & anxiety can be devastating for self-feeling, well-being, and work productivity. However, their treatment with current medications has a number of side effects, which include insomnia, sexual dysfunctions, agitation, drowsiness, headache, and others. Also, if a patient takes drugs called benzodiazepines, then the abuse and addiction to substance may arise, which then requires treatment of withdrawal, causing the known ‘withdrawal syndrome’.
In the case of CBD oil, there are no such adverse effects. Which is why CBD is recommended by many doctors as the healthy replacement of benzodiazepines and other depression & anxiety treating meds. In a number of tests, the application of CBD oil in a 300-mg dose shown high efficacy of alleviating anxiety and depression during the test. It is known as a form of antidepressant, too. On a chemical level, CBD enhances the adoption of serotonin by the brain, which directly influences the level of happiness and bright mood.
Skin diseases such as acne
Acne is known to be present in around 9% of the global population. One of the biggest causes of acne is an overproduction of sebum by the skin and connected inflammations because of the inability of the skin to cope with it. CBD oil controls the production of sebum, lowering it to levels, with which skin can cope. Also, it reduces inflammatory processes in the skin. Also, it was found that CBD oil prevents the production of ‘pro-acne’ skin agents known as inflammatory cytokines. Though the effectiveness of anti-acne is promising, more reliable studies are required to make sure (including the long-term effect of intake of CBD oil).
Diseases of the skin caused by inflammations are also treated (skin condition is improved). The efficiency of CBD oil will be higher in conjunction with anti-bacterial or anti-helminth remedies if the skin disease is connected with bacteria or helminths. Purification of skin pores by physical remedies like beauty masks or waters is also an important part of taking care of the skin that needs to be treated.
Insomnia is a widespread ailment, which significantly lowers the ability of a human being to work, drive a car, perform routine tasks, eat, and have a colorful life.
The reasons for the occurrence of insomnia are different and may include:
- Anxiety, depression, stress disorder, and mental ailments
- Pains in different parts of the body
- Medications’ intake, which leads to insomnia as side effects
- Caffeine or theine if digested in significant doses during the day (especially combined with nervous work)
- Environmental factors (like noisy construction works or a loud automobile road near a building).
Not all of the listed factors are treated by CBD oil. Number 5) is only treated by avoiding living in noisy conditions, applying earplugs during the night or a noise reduction device, which creates a silence cocoon around a sleeping person. The fourth factor should be eliminated by a person independently (including the change of job). The three first factors are in the direct zone of influence of the CBD oil. They are treated separately, in addition to the direct influence of CBD oil to sleep. It normalizes sleep disturbances and treats most of its reasons, which fall to its umbrella.
Side effects of CBD oil
Definitely, no remedy comes without side effects and so is CBD oil. It must be noted that, depending on a personal tolerance or intolerance of CBD oil (and of THC, which may contain in CBD), each person’s reaction to it will differ (that is, some of the listed below effects may not take place). The general list of side effects includes:
- changes in appetite – increasing or decreasing
- bodyweight loss or gain
- disturbances in sleep
Also, it is known to interact with a pretty large list of medications (which you can find separately online), as well as with some foods and beverages. It is advisable to avoid grapefruit as fruit and its juice (as well as products with a significant content of it), as CBD oil interacts with the body’s metabolism’s cytochromes P450 (CYPs) in the same way as grapefruit does (lowering or increasing digestion of substances). If you are not sure about the ways of interaction of CBD oil with any substance and you don’t have time to find it out, it is better to refrain from using CBD oil with any other drug and foods/drinks, which are unusual to your nutrition. Also, it is inadvisable to combine CBD oil with food additives of any sort and with alcohol.
How to use CBD oil
The way of intake of CBD oil will depend on two things:
- The form of manufacturing of CBD oil
- The dose.
As for the forms, there are many:
You should know that each of these products has own content of CBD, which varies largely, from 0.05% (in topicals and some foods) to 99.99% (in isolate, as this is the purest form of CBD).
Some foods and drinks have a lot of CBD. Which foods can include it:
- beverages (canned and ones that can be prepared by you or in a coffee shop), including tea, coffee, energy drinks, sodas, waters, and others
- ice cream
- jellies (gummies, sours, and others)
- chocolate and confectionery
- bakery (including cakes, cupcakes, and cookies)
- energy bars
- meat and fish dishes, and others.
It is literally impossible to find a type of foods or beverages, which were a bad basis for adding CBD oil into it. Though it is forbidden in most public places and catering, nobody actually forbids you to add any amount of CBD into your food that you cook at home or add droplets of oil into the made food that you are about to eat yourself.
However, we advise you to follow such guidelines:
- Do not add CBD into the food of any other person than you to avoid adverse health conditions of such a person, which may cause problems with the law for you personally
- Do not add more than 50 milligrams of CBD per 1 kilo of food to avoid the too strong effect
- Do not use the CBD-containing products in the way not prescribed by their manufacturer (for instance, if you want to vape, then only buy a vaping substance. Vaping isolate will cause a too strong effect on your body and vaping regular oil of CBD can trigger clogging of the airways of your body, which may lead to suffocating and the need for urgent medical assistance. The vaping substance is based on water, not on oil).
How long does it take for CBD oil to work?
There is no single answer to this question, which many people expect to sound like ‘5 hours’. The number of factors contributes to the length of work of CBD oil for each separate person:
- The unique physique of the body of a user (speed of metabolism, natural susceptibility or resistance to the substance, strength, weight, style of living)
- Did a person take any drugs, substances, foods, and drinks, which can affect the action of CBD oil
- Is there any history of intake of CBD oil by a user or this is going to be his or her first time?
- Are there any liver and kidney ailments of a user, which do not allow the normal power of metabolism to occur?
- What way the substance is taken. There is a difference. When taking it as a vapor or sublingually, the action starts faster. When there is ointment or spray put on the skin – the action depends on what is the reason for intake. For instance, if a person applies CBD oil spray on the skin because of headache, there may take an hour or so to start working, while after rubbing ointment into the inflamed skin, the action can start in 1-2 minutes.
- The concentration of the remedy. As a rule, the least concentration of CBD oil is found in foods and drinks. Some people don’t feel anything at all after chewing 1-2 gummy bears, and so their dosage starts with 5 or even 10 gummies. While other people start feeling something after just 1 gummy. Gummies and the things alike contain around 5 mg of the substance as least (but can contain up to 50 mg apiece).
If you want an immediate action – it is impossible for such diseases as ulcers or systematic headaches, inflammations, anxieties, sleep disorders, and some others (which by nature cannot be treated immediately). The result of those will start to appear in several weeks of systematic treatment. But if you want to feel the effect of relaxation, easiness, and what CBD oil brings along – one intake lets you feel it.
So, speaking generally, a person starts to feel an immediate effect from the intake of CBD oil after 20-30 minutes and it will last for several hours. The long-term cumulative effect will manifest itself in weeks and will last for as long as you take CBD.
Also, many people wonder how long it takes to make CBD oil come out of the body completely. The biggest reason for worry is that they need to undergo a drug test and don’t want CBD to become inferior to their results. You need to know that half-life of CBD occurs in days. Usually, from 3 to 5. After half-life is over, no signs of CBD are found in the body (while it is still present there on chemical level). The entire freeing of the body from all remnants of CBD happens in 2-4 weeks. But if you know that you may undergo an unplanned drug test on your job, you should refrain from using CBD oil, as some tests, which are designed to find THC may also react to CBD (nobody’s perfect).
Where to buy CBD oil safely?
The question is tricky and the answer will depend on your location. Citizens of the US living on the territory of the US can safely buy CBD oil in a number of online and offline stores – more than 3,000 of them (this number largely consists of online stores). The highest prices are met in physical stores and online ones that are registered in specific cities:
- the highest prices are seen in Salt Lake City, UT; Hoboken and a number of other cities of NJ; and Gary, IN.
- the lowest prices are seen in a number of cities of California (Colton, Asuza, Rialto, Vallejo, Highland, Oxnard); Tamiami, FL; and Weymouth Town, MA.
If you live in the US (in its on-coast states), you can order the delivery of CBD oil from online and some offline stores to your location. Bear in mind that some sellers exclude such territories from the range of their delivery or charge extra money to deliver to Alaska, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, and off-mainland territories. Also bear in mind that it may be impossible to deliver to off-US territories, as the border control often won’t let CBD oil and products based on CBD to exit from the territory of the US (even Canadians suffer from it). If you live outside the US, you should better order CBD from a local manufacturer, so to make sure that a product does not cross the border during the delivery.
You can buy CBD oil in a number of stores. Some of them are:
In France, for instance, you can make a safe purchase on cbd420.ch website.
As an afterword, we would like to say that some manufacturers make their products less pricey due to the addition of more hemp oil to them. Some of them – which you should avoid by all cases – intentionally replace CBD oil completely with hemp oil, to earn money on ignorance of users, which don’t know how to differentiate hemp oil from CBD oil.
There is a huge difference between the two. While none of those oils can bring adverse health effects, actually, replacing CBD oil with oil of hemp will not make you receive those health benefits that we described in this article. Hemp oil is different in many ways:
- It is received from seeds of hemp, while CBD oil derives from stems and flowers
- Hemp oil does not offer the described health benefits but it does offer other health benefits – just like most of the other edible oils, which are used for cooking and in cosmetology (due to rich mineral, vitamin, and Omega content).
- It is nutritious and saturates our body cells with many needed ‘construction blocks’, while not relieving pain, not giving the feeling of ‘malting down into your chair’, and not having other actions as CBD oil has.
- Finally, it is a chemically different substance.
Hemp oil costs significantly lesser than CBD oil. If you see not a plant of hemp but seeds somewhere on the label, you should treat this remedy with a high degree of distrust initially. As CBD oil is not something sold for a song, you should spend your money wisely.